I am an associate professor in economic geography. I have worked at the department since 2000. I wrote my doctoral thesis in 2004 about the integration process in The Baltic Sea Region after the end of the Cold War. The thesis had a transport geography perspective and was based on data from aviation. I was appointed reader in human geography in 2012.
- Tourism geography
- Mobility, transports och tourism
- Urban tourism and sustainability
- The history of tourism and hospitality
- Managing increasing flows of tourists in urban contexts. With Lena Eskilsson and Josefine Östrup Backe. Part of "Rethinking urban tourism: managing sustainability in the age of overtourism" (financed by Formas).
- Urban tourism, ecosystem services, and green infrastructure. Tillsammans med Michael Johansson. Part of "Rethinking urban tourism: managing sustainability in the age of overtourism" (financed by Formas).
- Guiding and guided tours in the plattform economy. With Malin Zillinger.
I mainly teach the following courses
- Platsutveckling för besöksnäringen (2nd year bachelors)
- Introduction to Tourism (1st semester masters)
- Destination Development and Marketing (2nd semester masters)
I generally supervise bachelor and masters theses. I currently supervise two doctoral students.
- Assistant head of department, 2021-
- Member of the pedagogical academy (appointed excellent teaching professional)
- Member of universitetskollegiet
- Centre for European Studies, board member
- South Swedish Geographical Society, Secretary
Displaying of publications. Sorted by year, then title.